Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Santa Wood Block- Made From Paper


Tracy here from Idea Closet and today I am sharing a new project with SVG Attic.
I love wood blocks but they can be heavy and hard to store.  

SVG Attic has this super cute Santa Wood Block kit, but the secret is it is 100% made from paper!

The file is part of the Just Be Claus Kit collection from SVG Attic.



To give my block a real wood feel,  I inked the edges of the box and the paper with a dark brown stamp pad and made it look like it had been stained. 

The hat cuff is cut from a printed paper with a wood look to it.

The beard and mustache were run through my Big Shot with a Snowflake embossing folder.


For even more details, I created some "sprigs" to place with the holly.
To make the sprigs, I used the head of the reindeer from the reindeer pillow box, also included in the collection. 

I also cut 3 berries to cover up the base of my new "sprigs".

For the eyes, I had some black epoxy dots.

The project is pretty straight forward, however if you get stuck, Jodi has great instructions here.

I am so happy with my paper-wooden block.

Thank you for joining me today.




3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the wooden look of the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful. Still one of my favorites - and you make him sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable! You really did an outstanding job with him :-)

    ReplyDelete