Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Welcome Spring Collection with Lisa

Lisa from The Crafting Cave sharing a "Happy Mother's Day" set I made using 
This collection is so versatile, I fell in love with it.

SVG Attic Welcome Spring Collection, spring, mother's day, birds

SVG Attic Welcome Spring Collection, butterfly, bird, cage, house
I used DCWV The Preppy Princess Stack for all the projects listed.
I'm planning on using the Birdhouse to hold a cupcake. I have plastic container
for cupcakes that fits perfectly inside. I cut everything out and then assembled. Of course, 
that's when my wheels start turning. The lattice around the bottom actually goes with the birdcage file and the bird is from the card file. I added a little moss, the flowers, and punched the birds around the top. I dabbed gold ink randomly on the birdhouse.

SVG Attic Welcome Spring, watering, can, butterfly
SVG Attic Welcome Spring

 As I worked on the birdhouse my brain was in overdrive. (I'm dangerous if I sit still too long!)
The watering can was next and I knew I would want to use it for fresh flowers. (I'm thinking I can 
use a clear cup to hold the flowers.) The file uses a very pretty flower on the sides of the watering can but I wanted to cover it butterflies since I'm using fresh flowers in it. Well, hello, perfect! The birdcage has a butterfly that perches on top of it. I just resized the butterfly file and cut multiples. 
I inked a few of the butterflies using distress inks and added pearls. I really wanted it to pop though. 
So gold and pink glittered butterflies did the trick.

SVG Attic Welcome Spring, Bird, Cage
I think the birdcage will make a beautiful centerpiece. Again, I used elements from other files, within this collection, to embellish the birdcage. I added glitter to the bird and let the polka dots on the leaves do the work for me. The flowers are from my stash. 

I have some other ideas for this collection. I'm positive I will be using it again!

I hope you have an amazing weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Simply wonderful! Love every piece you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single piece of this set is gorgeous and amazing. You really knocked this one out of the park! You will have such pretty decorations in your house :) I think my favorite part, if I had to just pick one, would be the bird cage. I love that you added lace around the top and I am a sucker for roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning amazing work certainly looks a labour of love and worth every second

    ReplyDelete