Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Bloom Where You're Planted - A Mini Album

Hi everyone! Allie Gower from My Card Party sharing a mini album I made as a gift using Jodi G. Warner's Blooming Card Kit.


The kit actually has this as a card, and I really didn't modify anything, just added adhesive carefully, allowing all the layers to function as pockets. I especially love that Jodi left room in the very front pockets with some clever box pleats to allow for bulkier items.


I created some easy tags and note cards to match the project. I used lots of ink and paint to distress the edges of everything. The sentiment "bloom where you're planted" was created using a Chomas Pen Holder with a Memento Marker. The font is called "Champagne and Limousines" and it's one of my favorites.



Inside, I created a smaller outline of the actual card base and added the flower that comes with the card kit, along with a plain mat for another photo. More pages can be added, and photos or journaling could also go above on the top flap.

When I purchase a kit, I love to have lots of options. The kits at SVG Attic are so versatile and fun to use in new and exciting ways.

Supplies:

Cardstock (White, Yellow, Tan, Dotted)
Memento Luxe Inks: Northern Pine, Peanut Brittle, Morocco, Toffee Crunch, Gray Flannel (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko)
Memento Marker: Tangelo (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko)
Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts, Prima)
Hemp (Craft Supply)
Cottonball Paint (DecoArt)
Adhesive (Beacon's, Thermoweb Tape Runner, iCraft Tape)


Thanks for joining me today. Until next time, happy crafting!





3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous ♥ I love everything about it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your album is so wonderful Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mini. I love the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete