Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A new year and a lot of snow

Hello all. I-team Sonja here with a lamp post made from the SVG Winter Wishes file.

On New Years Eve, my husband and I were sitting in the dark, on the couch watching it snow. We have a lamp post in our front yard and watching the snow fall down onto it gave me the inspiration to do this project.

Now our post in our front yard is no where near this fancy, but this was a fun project to do.
Here in the Inland Northwest, we are under a massive blanket of snow! It just keeps coming and coming! So I had to add some faux snow to my lamp.

On the base I added some strips to make it more 3D as well as embossed the pieces. It's hard to see in the photos though. 

 And my favorite part, pop a tea light candle in the top, turn off the shadow box lights and watch it come to life!
 I almost didn't make it to the photo stage of this project. My 4-year-old really wanted that tea light candle and got up on my desk and grabbed out of the lamp. I found the lamp over here, the lid over there, and the light shining bright. Luckily I was able to fix any damage quickly!

Materials Used: 
SVG Winter Wishes
SVG Winter Wishes
Black paper
Silhouette Cameo 3
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
DecoArt Glittering Snow-Tex
Teresa Collins Mega Runner

9 comments:

  1. Ooooo! Gorgeous! I love the inspiration of the lamp outside your home too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunningly beautiful. Wonderful touches. So sophisticated Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love the "snow" on the top of the lamp post and I love how you decorated it. That is so cute about your 4 year old. Glad you were able to save your project! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete