Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Shadow Box for a Wedding

Tracy here from the Idea Closet and today is my turn to post for SVG Attic.

My daughter is getting married this weekend and I have been crazy busy working on projects for the Wedding so I decided to share the Shadow Box I created.


This was a fast and easy project. It will be used as part of the decor at the reception and afterwards she can take it home.

To get started, I bought a 12 x 12 Shadow Box found at Micheal's.
They also had some of this grey cardstock with silver foil. 
Silver is her accent color so it was perfect.

Place the paper inside the shadow box then closed it up.

Next I used the W Split Monogram from SVG Attic.

Resize the monogram  to fit the shadow box.
Next, add the names and the date in the split area using two different fonts already downloaded to your computer.

Once everything is lined up and the way you want it, cut from vinyl.

Apply the vinyl to the front of the shadow box.

If you are looking for a fast but beautiful gift, try creating your own shadow box. 
SVG Attic has 3 different styles of Split Monograms, perfect for whatever project you are working on.

Give it a try.



6 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely perfect idea for a wedding keepsake! Best of luck with the final days of planning before your daughter's wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to start their marriage! That's really awesome Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've always done the floating frames like this, but I am loving the cardstock in the back of the shadow box frame. Did you put the vinyl on the front of the box then? Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, she did! She put the paper on the inside, then closed up the shadowbox and added vinyl to the front glass.

      Delete
    2. Brenda, sorry it took me a minute to get back with you. I placed the paper on the inside of the shadow box, just glued it right to the back. Then I put the vinyl on the outside of the front piece of glass. At first I placed some of her left over flowers in between the glass, it was pretty but I liked the look of just the foil paper better.
      I hope you will give this a try, its really easy and so pretty.

      Delete