Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Spiders Webs and Magical Orbs

Tracy here from the Idea closet and its my turn again to share a project with you.
At our house this week we are getting ready for Halloween Parties!
I love decorating for Halloween but I wanted to do something a little different this year.


Spiders are just gross if you ask me or any of my girls. 
(did you see the post about the guy who set his car on fire trying to kill a spider?  Yeah I could so see myself doing that.)
However I think spider webs are kind-a cool, especially for Halloween décor, so this year I used a spider web theme and made some" Magical Orbs"


To create the Magical Orb you will need a few plastic Christmas ball ornaments.
Remove the little cap and hanging piece.

Next use the spider web file from the Whats Brewin? kit from SVG Attic.

What's Brewin'?

You will fill the spider web with black and then print it onto clear transparency plastic.
Next cut a circle around it.
Roll the plastic up and place it inside the ornament.
Basically you are creating a floating ornament but upside down.

Now you will want to create the stands to put them on.


For the first stand I created the Spiderweb Candlestick using the 

Creepy Candelabras

I love every file in this kit and will be using all of them I am sure.
The Candlestick was really easy to cut out and put together.

Once it was finished I used the glue gun to glue the "magical orb" into the top and then added some black tulle.


For the other "magical orbs" I used the 3D candlestick file from the new


JGW SteampunkHex

(Another great kit!  So many fun things to create!)

This time I made two of the candlesticks.  Once they were assembled, I inked the edges with a grey chalk ink.  
The Orbs are glued into the top of the candlestick holders using the glue gun.

To create the small banner, cut as many spider webs from cardstock as you want to use.
I cut them in different sizes to mix it up just a little.

Ink the webs with the grey chalk and then go over them just a touch with a white chalk.

String the webs onto clear quilting thread.

Tie each end of the thread to one of the candlesticks.

Tie black tulle in between some of the webs.

To finish it off, Tie a big bow around each of the candlesticks.


I love how these turned out and I feel ready to host our Halloween party now!






4 comments:

  1. WOW! These are so very awesome, Tracy! You really did an amazing job being GDT. Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth. So happy to be here. I LOVE SVG Attic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your project is so fun!! I hate spiders too so this is super nice! hehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool and super fun! I love the web banner & candlesticks! so cool!
    This is Awesome!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete