Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Vinyled Ceramic Pumpkin with Beth

Good morning!  Beth from Beth's Beauties here.  Halloween is only a few short days away, so I decided to decorate this ceramic pumpkin for today's post.
The files from SVG Attic that I used on my pumpkin are the "F" Split Monogram (or you can purchase the whole split monogram alphabet HERE) and the swirls are from JGW Raven Quest.
To prepare the ceramic pumpkin, I sprayed it with white matte spray paint.  Then I watered down black acrylic paint and dripped it down the crease lines to make a more grungy look.  Here is a side view.
Yes, even the back is vinyled!  I used orange and black permanent vinyl so it would for sure stick well.
Here is a close up of what I did to decorate the stem.  I painted it black and then wrapped Orange Licorice Trendy Twine around it.  Then I added a bow of burlap ribbon with a button in the center.
Last year I added vinyl to a real pumpkin.  If you want to see that post, click HERE.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

3 comments:

  1. Beth, this is a great project. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! absolutely love this!!Stunning and so COOL!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete