Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Mourner's Hat By Christi

Good Morning!  It is a beautiful , crisp  Sunday here and I wanted to share a Halloween project with you.  I choose the unique Mourner's hat in the JGW Raven Quest Collection.

I am always looking for unique Halloween decorations for Halloween.  It is my youngest daughter's favorite holiday.  She even got married on Halloween 2 years ago and collects many beautiful pieces to keep up all year round.  I thought this was something she could add to her collection.


Here are some close ups of the Flowers which are made by Prima.  I just fell in love with these flowers when I found them and they have been in my stash FOREVER and was saving them for that special project.  Well....this was that project.


Next came the bling!  Every project isn't complete without a little bit of bling!  This is Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.


Last by not least I made the bow but added Mays art Black Ribbon to the center and around the brim of the hat.  I also added  a beautiful full purple feather and a small turquoise with black feather for that small touch of extra color.  

I hope you have enjoyed my mourner's hat as much  I did making it .  Have a wonderful Sunday and a BEAUTIFUL week!  

Blessings!  


10 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I love all of the extra details you added to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beth! I am sooo glad you like it! GDT Christi

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Maryann! I knew you would love the colors being purple and all! :) GDT Christi

      Delete
  3. Lovely, I'm sure your daughter will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndy, I appreciate you taking the time to visit the blog and commenting! THank you! GDT Christi

      Delete
  4. oh the details on the hat are beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you soooo very Much Angeline! I appreciate the compliment! GDT Christi

      Delete
  5. I love what you made. I wanted to make it as a Mad Hatter hat but had a really hard time with it. I'm sure it was just me having a brain fart but do you know of a tutorial on this project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, but here is the link to the assembly tutorial for the hat! http://needlesnknowledge.blogspot.com/2014/10/mourners-decorated-top-hat-assembly.html

      Delete